It only takes a split second to be hit by an oncoming 18-wheeler truck.
If a gigantic truck hits a small motor vehicle, it could result in severe injuries, disabilities or death. It is best to make sure you stay clear of truck drivers on the road.
There are many reasons why a truck driver may make errors on the road:
- A truck driver may have impaired judgment due to drinking alcohol.
- A truck driver may swerve their truck under the influence of alcohol and drugs into other lanes.
- A truck driver may drive above the speed limit.
- A truck driver may be disobeying traffic lights.
- A truck driver may tailgate other cars and fail to keep a proper distance from your vehicle.
- A truck driver may be distracted or not rested.
- A truck driver may be texting and driving and not focusing on the road.
The number of fatal truck driving accidents may be related to Truck driving fatigue is sleep-deprived driving. This may be as serious as drunk driving. It can impair the mind just as much as alcohol. Drowsy driving may happen when a person has not slept or has a sleeping disorder. This person may also have developed this due to a change in a prescription or fluctuating working hours.
If you have lost a loved one or have suffered serious injuries after a truck driving accident, you may consider contacting an experienced truck accident attorney, who can help you fight your case and get you what you deserve. If you are disabled after the accident, you may have a claim to your social security benefits.