San Antonio, Texas
Daniel Haley was born in San Antonio and raised in the surrounding area. He attended Texas State University and St. Mary’s University School of Law. During law school, he worked as a research assistant, interned for the United States Attorney’s Office in the Financial Litigation Unit, was a Comment Editor for the St. Mary’s Law Journal, and graduated in the top twenty percent of his class. Daniel also received the St. Mary’s Law Journal Editor’s Excellence Award. After law school, Daniel worked for the Bexar County District Attorney’s Office where he prosecuted misdemeanor crimes as well as domestic violence offenses.
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas, 2019
- Texas, 2017
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, 2017, cum laude
- J.D. – 2017
- Law Review: St. Mary’s Law Journal, Editorial Board
- Texas State University
- B.A. – 2011
- Major: Political Science
- Daniel S. Haley, Comment, Conflicts of Interest for Former Law Firm Clerks Turned Lawyers, 7 ST. MARY’S J. LEGAL MAL. & ETHICS 376 (2017).
- Daniel S. Haley, Recent Development, United States v. McIntosh: Ninth Circuit Limits Federal Prosecutors from Spending to Enforce Marijuana Laws in Medicinal States, 48 ST. MARY’S L.J. 573 (2017).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
- William Sessions, Inns of Court
- Phi Delta Phi, Legal Honors Society, Tarlton Inn